Having our Web site can bring many benefits when it is well positioned in the search engines, but possess no sense if no one finds us.
There are many ways to optimize your site. You can hire a specialist to do it for you and give you the best recommendations to be in the first places in search engines, but there are practices that can carry out on their own.
Here are 10 tips to improve the ranking of your website in what is known as search engine optimization or “SEO” for the English acronym for “Search Engine Optimization”.
- Identify the keywords that relate to your content. You can use tools such as Key word Spy or Word Tracker.
When we talk about keywords we do not mean a simple word, but a phrase that describes how a web surfer look your product or service.
Perhaps the easiest way to identify them is putting your consumer side. How would you look your product or service? You would add a local component? Does your store hours? Are costs and payment plans?
If you use very simple words (and, therefore, very broad), enter the competition with millions of results and possibilities that show up between them is much reduced.
- Find keywords within your domain or Internet address.
- Make sure the HTML code on your site include:
- Meta tags (they do not alter the content of your site, because only there for the search engines, IE, your users will not see the) of precise description and meta tags of the most important keywords for each page.
- Title tag on each page to identify the contents of each content.
- ALT tags to describe your images. With these, the search engines may also know what the content of an image. (Google has a complete guide to the tags you can use.)
- Use the keywords strategically within your content, it is important to be found on the home page in the anchor texts used to describe links and URLs of new pages.
- Constantly updated content and will keep interested users of your site and come back for more, this will help you better position yourself in the search rankings.
- Make other sites cite you and send traffic to your site. Keep an eye out! Search engines take this into account and give you a vote of confidence provided that this appointment is contextualized with content in which you are quoting.
- Search your content to be shared by other users, help yourself social networks to promote it and adds social media buttons within your site so they can share it from there. Never forget: the content without sharing does not work.
- Make the residence time of your users is greater. Within the content you can add presentations, videos or internal links to engage your users and get to spend more time in your site.
- Reduce the use of applications like Flash or pop-ups, then make the page load slower, especially if the home page depends on them.
- Optimize images you use programs like Photoshop, where there is the option to optimize them for Web to save them. Note that very large images and very high quality will make your site load slower.
As an extra tip we can recommend the use of an evaluator websites, which will analyze your page and track areas of opportunity so that it can improve. Some of them are Google Page speed, Woorank, WebSite Grader Site Checkup OSEO.
Remember us know to our prospective customers on the Internet is not only about having a place, we must give maintenance and search engine optimization is part of it. An optimized site is easily findable by search engines and so it will be easier to locate for our potential customers.